Pages

Friday 1 March 2013

The Amazon River

Task 1=Word meaning
Mouth=The opening in the lower part of the human face, surrounded by the lips, through which food goes in and words or other things come out.
Source=A place, person, or thing from which something comes or can be found.
Channel=A length of water wider than a strait, joining two larger areas of water.
Bed=The bottom of the river.
Banks= The sides of the river.
Stream=It means a small narrow river.
Delta=It is the fourth letter of the alphabet.
Floodplain=This means that the river is growing and it is going to flood.
Billabong=A branch of a river forming a backwater or stagnant pool
Sediment=Something sinking to the bottom of the river or something else.

task 2=Number Crunchers

  1. Altogether they are 29,297 km
  2. about 585.94

Task 3=Extension Research
  1. It starts near Macaph Island and ends in Iquitos.
  2. Obidos,Manaus and ends in Iquitos.
  3. I think the largest is Manaus.

2 comments:

Huyen said...

One thing I want to talk to you is thank you. Your posts help me open my mind. I find them very interesting. They ease me in the hard time. Thanks for sharing your articles.
y8 games
friv3play games
friv5 games

Huyen said...

Your posts are my cup of tea. I'm interested in your articles. I always read them everyday and wait for incoming ones. It's because your posts are interesting.
free brutalmaniaio
disney bridesmaids hair salon games to play
goalkeeper champ unblocked games

Post a Comment